9:42 PM

Say Hello to Apricot

After nearly two weeks of trying to befriend this little guy, Dave finally found a pal in Apricot here.


There has been a lot of gecko-chasing (and, yes, the same one -- he lives outside of the condo and never leaves), but once Apricot got on Dave's hand, he liked it there. A lot. It was a good two minutes of holding the little guy up to the walls he so adores before he would leave his newfound buddy.

Needless to say, there is boy here who is beyond thrilled right now.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I didn't even KNOW it was possible to tame them, oh! I am more jealous of the gecko-hold than of your entire vaca I think ;)

Foxy Renard said...

Nor did I! Dave is clearly the gecko whisperer.

Ms.Smarties said...

I can't believe the gecko is sitting there!

In Cambodia, we found a gecko in our room. Geckos are really cute, but I didn't want to spend the night with one. I freaked and called the lobby. Five minutes later, there were two teenage boys chasing the gecko in my room. One of them was scared of geckos.

I was sitting in my bed, yelling at them not to kill the poor thing. I didn't want it to die, I just wanted it out of my room!

After 15 minutes, they finally caught it, alive. Phew.

Foxy Renard said...

Hah, that is awesome. I have similar trauma when the gazillion birds here just take up residence in the living room. Dave is convinced he can get one of those to come on his hand -- I'm not so sure, but I didn't believe the gecko would stop on his hand either. Hah.