3:52 PM

Getting the Spins

So it's been a month since I started spinning now. Can I just say that it is possibly the most fun workout ever?

The first time I went, I was completely wiped afterwards. Red faced, gaspy breathed, euphoric, the whole nine yards. A month later? Red faced, gaspy breathed, euphoric, the whole nine yards. But! I've been able to push the resistance in a major way. I'm tougher, I'm faster, and I can do third position as long as anybody else in the class. The awesome music (today included my family favourite, "Beat It"), the closed eyes (go, go, go, go, go!), the fiery feeling in my lungs and my legs (ahhhh!), and the totally inspiring, friendly instructors (especially the studio's incredible owner) make the hour fly by.

Miracle!

The reason I tried this new addition to the regime out in the first place was (a) to mix up my cardio routine, and (b) a vain hope that this might possibly act as lower body strength training, which I generally loathe. My legs have never been at all strong, no matter how many squats and lunges I did, and it's consistently been a real source of workout frustration for me.

So my endless gratitude goes out to the fine staff at Quad for making lower body strength workouts actually feel fun. I'm even kind of sad that we're going to be away for the next two weeks, as I think I'll miss my hill-climbing-sprinting-good-times. I guess the sun and sand will have to make it up to me somehow.

0 comments: