7:49 PM

Cleaning House

So aww, I haven't updated since November. No matter, really. In short, here's what happened:

  • We moved into our house. Yay!
  • We started doing renos. Yay!
  • The person who was the sole source of major issues is no longer at my company. Yay!
  • The partners let me relaunch it. New name. Yay!
  • I started working like a maniac.
  • I stopped working out diligently.
  • I stopped eating properly.
  • I traveled like a freak.
  • I went out constantly.
  • I got worn the heck out.
  • I ended up in the ER.
  • Oops?
So indeed, here's what's up now: I am re-finding le balance. It's tough for me because I adore work and I love getting to do what I do, but after the week I've just had (and my doctor's demands)? Yeah, I'm doing it.

To get my sorry self through, I must of course write my way out.


Tonight! Salmon bowl!
  • Salmon
  • Baby spinach
  • Brown basmati
  • Avocado
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Lemon
And what to do?
  1. Throw salmon on a pan with lemon squirted all over it into oven at 350 - give it thirty minutes.
  2. Make rice as per bag directions.
  3. Make a really simple salsa of 1/2 avocado, a bunch of chopped up tomatoes, and squirted lemon. (Could've added onion and garlic and spices too, but am re-introducing foods one baby step at a time.)
  4. Throw baby spinach in a bowl. Add a small piece of cooked salmon and a spoonful or two of rice. Douse the top with the mild salsa.
So that was really good, and totally do-able for my finicky boy. Dave just had the salmon with rice and butter and was every bit as happy as I was.


Here's another delish recipe care of my awesome mother-in-law that I enjoyed at breakfast today.
  • 2T steel cut oats
  • 2T quinoa
  • 1/2C water
  • 1/2C rice milk
  • Cinnamon/nutmeg/whatever sprinkle (1/4t or so)
  • 1/4C currants
And the how?
  1. Mix.
  2. Bring to a boil.
  3. Cook on low-medium for 15 minutes.
Okay, so I'm still basic. But it was good and I don't want to forget!

Next up? Leslie's braised lentils in phyllo. Now I've always thought that phyllo were pure butter, but indeed she posted the PC brand nutritional info and they're free of saturated fats, and only contain 0.5g per sheet of any whatsoever. Digestable! I will skip the roasted veg, add a big side salad, but keep the sweet potatoes. Dave will be going regular on the potato, but is otherwise pretty into this.

Please advise as to what else I should be eating if you have clever ideas. I am basically restricted to anything that doesn't contain animal product. Eggs remain questionable - some say yes and some say no - and, as far as fish goes, it's preferable if it's cold-water only. No dairy, no red meat, pork and chicken should be very limited.

Easy, right?

0 comments: