6:35 PM

The Sunshine State

So the last time I was in Florida was about two and a half years ago when I had to book a flight at 7AM to deliver a video for a project we were doing with Usher through work. I got my ass to Miami by some miracle and spent the rest of the day enjoying food, drinks, the beach, and a show.

This time, I'm here for a conference. And there's no more Horatio Cain-isms, baby, because this is Orlando. Or Land O' Meh. (Sorry, that was bad, I know.)

In the day that I've been here, I've waited an hour for a cab at the airport, dealt with the craziest cab driver I've ever had, and found myself with no room at 1AM because the hotel overbooked. That's all well and good, but the place itself was even stranger in the day. It's beautiful out, sunny and breezy and nice, and the patios were closed! (I know. Wrong.) And there was hardly anyone on the street.

I only found one thing to take a picture of that wasn't me. And it wasn't pretty or particularly interesting, just a fake upside down building (this is a googled picture of it, not mine).

I don't know if I'm on the wrong side of town or what.

1 comments:

Ms.Smarties said...

Orlando, I feel for you. At least it's warm?