6:17 PM

Another One Bites the Dust

Yes, I am official finished yet another course in my never-ending MBA program.

I was thinking the other day that it will be really exciting to be done, but also kind of sad. I am a losah who maybe just wants a break.

What do I do with all the hours that I have been devoting to classes, reading, paper-writing, and studying for the last two years? I know, I know -- there are always other classes to take, but I think I'll really miss the specific perspective I've been getting in this program.

My school is a dream -- the faculty is inspiring and interesting and really gets me feeling so engaged. I think it'll be weird to not be thinking about so many new things anymore. Don't get me wrong -- I am so looking forward to getting that degree officially under my belt and am trying to fast-track the rest of the program so that the obligation part of the education is done, but I don't want to stop learning this stuff or being around people who share these interests and goals.

Anyway. I know I'll always find something to fill any void -- where one door closes, another opens and all that stuff. But the area in which I'm studying right now? It's what I love and what I want to be doing. I love the idea of having less stress and avoiding the thousands upon thousands of tuition dollars and not going to class on the nights when I just want to watch junky TV. But I don't love the idea of learning about this stuff being a lesser part of my life.

3 comments:

Ms.Smarties said...

I can totally relate. I am glad to be done my MA for the career aspect of it, but I do miss the learning experience. Once I recovered emotionally from the MA program (took 2 years!), I started to really miss school. I miss having my mind constantly challenged by issues I may not have necessarily been exposed to without a formal course. I tend to focus too much on things I know or issues I feel like reading about. I don’t entertain brand new thoughts anymore. That’s sad!

I would love to do another MA for “fun” (my resume really doesn’t need two!). The challenge is to find another program I will enjoy as much as Sociology.

Ms.Smarties said...

Me again ;-)


Lexy tagged me so I'm tagging you. If you want info, check out my blog.

Hope you don't mind. :-)

Irene said...

I've been doing school ever since my first undergrad degree that I wouldn't know what to do with myself after it's done. Hopefully by the end of this year I'll be done... cross fingers!