7:42 PM

Moving On...

You will see to the right (I actually wrote left at first and had to change it -- I'm not good with left/right things), I note my love of minty lip gloss.

I bought this stuff at Bath and Body Works when I was in Dallas last week. It is a bloody dream. The reddish colour is super sheer in the most glossy way, and the flavour? All mint, all the time. The brand is C.O. Bigelow and the wee $9 gems are called Mentha Lip Tints. I bought colour #1139. I was actually led to the purchase while in New York last weekend. I was out seeing shops with two friends and they each bought one. They tried to convince me to do so as well but, bah, my resistant ass was convinced that I would never use it. Sure I wouldn't. The stuff is likely creating a new lining on the inside of my stomach by now, as I can't stop licking the deliciously Christmas-y flavour off my lips. Awesome.

So today, I slept in a little late, then headed to school for a seminar. Afterwards, I came home, worked on a paper, and watched some bad TV. I love sleeping in more than anything in the world. Some people think me rather teenaged in this habit (case in point: my husband), but I am so bloody wiped out after a week of insanity that sleeping in completely rejuvenates me. As always, said husband tries to tell me that you can't "bank" sleep, but I'm still pretty convinced that I do. I don't get enough during the week, but am back to my energetic self without fail on Sunday.

The boy is away. I missed him last night -- I can't remember the last time I've slept in our apartment by myself. I go away on a semi-regular basis for work (he doesn't ever have to) and sleeping alone in a hotel bed seems far less bizarre than sleeping alone in my own bed. Odd, it never occurred to me that it would be different at all.

In any case, I've just ordered some sushi -- spicy salmon and dynamic rolls and edamame, while not exactly calorie free, work out to be way better than getting chips and dip, which is my current temptation. I will spend the balance of the evening doing little-to-nothing. I'm delighted by this prospect.

1 comments:

Mistress of Confusion said...

You actually can bank sleep. I read across a few articles when I was doing research on polyphasic sleep. Sleep deprivation creates sleep "debt" while going to bed early and sleeping replenishes this "debt".