6:27 PM

Late Nights, Early Mornings, and Hitting the Sack

Leaving work early rules.

Jen and I stayed late last night to fix up this insane mess of a project. I got home at 11:30 and had to continue being awake, waiting for my logistics girl to send me the final files (she reported for duty at approximately 10:30). I didn't get to sleep 'til about 2:30 (after much waiting and hemming and hawing) and woke up at 3 to her phone call that she was ready to send me the file. I told her to send it and I'd review it first thing in the morning.

So I wake up at 8-ish in a complete tizzy -- did she finish the file? Did she send it to me? Did my boss get it? Oh, the sheer terror of the morning. In any case, I got to the files, reviewed her work, and spent the morning fixing everything up.

The rest of the day is a bit of a blur. I am so bloody exhausted, it's not even cool.

Despite the utter madness, good things have happened. Good things I shouln't say quite yet, but good things I'm thrilled to be thinking about right now. Good enough things that I felt I was quite okay to leave work at 4:30 today, do my grocery shopping, come home and have a nice dinner with the boy.

I am so going to bed early tonight. But wait. The new Martha Apprentice is on tonight...

0 comments: