9:33 PM

I Run!

I get a huge kick out of how my adorable niece talks, and in my recent attempts to learn basic German, I've discovered that, in Wiesbaden, I will be linguistically equivalent to a two year old. It's hard when you're trying to translate in your head and still have limited vocabulary, people.

"I Canadian! I student! I work!"

And today I will add: I run!

Yep, a site I love is doing a virtual running clinic (props to Changa) and I've thrown my little self into the midst of it. Seeing as I will be without anything close to a gym for over three weeks, I thought I'd better come up with a secondary plan of attack, and this shall be it.

I went for the first time tonight and it was all kinds fun. Google Pedometer tells me that I ran just over six and a half kilometres, which thrills me endlessly. I'm going to try to throw this in as cardio twice a week 'til I go away, then by the time I get there, it should be all easy-peasy. I forgot that running outside has this awesome thing about it where you start to feel like you're flying around the twenty minute point -- the whole world just feels like it's disappeared and it's just you and the wind and loud music in your ears. I like that very much.

I also noticed tonight while running back through the park that the tennis courts are officially open for the summer. I will so be harassing Dave about that this weekend. Whee!

4 comments:

Changa said...

Six and a half kilometres! That's awesome - keep up the good work. :-)

Foxy Renard said...

I will! And because of all your awesome stretching tips, I have no soreness this morning. Yay!

Ruby Foo said...

Nicely done! And yay for tennis courts! I can't wait to bring back the moon ball!

Ms.Smarties said...

Google Pedometer = très très cool.