7:41 PM

Why My Husband is Adorable

So now that he's no longer working in the boudoir, I've got one happy husband. Though it's a small-ish room, he finally has a unique space to dedicate to his office-y needs. Given the fact that this is a Foxy-free zone, it was quickly decided that it would be dedicated to more than techie stuff. One corner of it has been crafted into something he's always wanted -- a home recording studio. He's been obsessively and compulsively -- in the words of the Peanut -- "making [his] music". He has all kinds of fun with it, which I love.

So a few weeks ago, I came home to discover that he'd been fooling around with his equipment and recorded a cover of one of his favourite songs by one of his favourite UK bands. He played it for me and, I must say, the boy is certainly not without skills. Instrumentation, vocals, backup, and percussive bits and pieces were assembled by this kid over the course of about a day. The only thing missing was the drums and, while he does play, he can't set up here (until he gets the coveted electronic ones for practicing). While he was somewhat forlorn over it, I pointed out that it was great as it was. And that was that.

Right?

Of course not. My husband is a crazed perfectionist. He's not one of those people (like me) who starts something, gets bored, and lets it go. Next thing I know, he has somehow ended up getting the band's original drummer to bring the whole thing together. In Scotland. He put together an international collaboration of sorts. Over the web.

Now come on!

How can a girl not crush on that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wha?? That is crazy! He knows him? Which band? Details woman!

Foxy Renard said...

It's this guy from Teenage Fanclub. I find it particularly funny because I think Dave actually initially interviewed him (or at least one of them?) for Velocity a gazillion years ago. In any case, they chat online and now this. I count myself as the initiator of the friendship either way. Hah.

Anonymous said...

Hah, that is awesome. Are you guys going to hang out in July? Famous friends!