4:07 PM

Smell Ya Later, 2005

Alright, I could just see you later. You weren't so bad. In fact, you were pretty darn nice to me -- moving to finally start to feel like a grown-up, letting me start grad school, meeting my first niece, really getting down with my job. Not so bad. And thus I bring you: This Year in Review.

Dee-doo-doo-dee-dee-doo-doo-dee-dee-doooo-doooo-deeeeet-dooooot. (A la This Week in God.)

January 2005:

  • New Year's Eve in Toronto with the boy, his dear friend, and my coworker who calls me because her much-older man broke up with her. A night of many eyeliner reapplications and pitchers of beer ensues.
  • Alex is born! I'm scared to hold her, but I think she's damn cool.
  • I have some lame obsession with ponchos.

February 2005:

  • I plan an event in Mexico for work and Dave and I get to go care of the company.
  • I continue with the stupid poncho obsession.
  • I see the Mexico pictures upon getting home and go obsesso style with WW.
  • I get to go to my first welcome-to-grad-school initiation thing and feel thrilled and lucky.

March 2005:

  • After the Mexico thing ends, I get really frustrated with work.
  • The poncho obsession is dead.

April 2005:

  • I get a surprise promotion at work with small bonus -- there are challenges left.
  • I start school!

May 2005:

  • School is nuts!
  • Work is nuts!
  • I love it and never want to be bored again.

June 2005:

  • I get a fun raise.
  • I barely have time to think about how much it rules.

July 2005:

  • We go to the cottage!
  • My mom and dad come to visit and love the city, pleasing me endlessly.

August 2005:

  • I miss my final exam when a plane crashes puts me at a standstill on the 401, and don't get to rewrite for three whole weeks.
  • We go to Halifax for ten days. It rules, and how. We see everyone and have an absolutely killer time.
  • Ruby Foo and OMM get hitched! They have the nicest wedding evah, and I get sixties hair for the occasion.

September 2005:

  • Second semester begins. I find myself loving statistics for the first time ever. My professor is a flipping saint.
  • I am now a first-time manager.
  • I think this is when I went to San Diego? The stopover at the creepy Atlanta airport is totally bizarre, but it's otherwise dreamy.

October 2005:

  • My sister comes to visit! We have drinks, gossip, eat bad Chinese, and trek up to the cottage for Thanksgiving leftovers.
  • I hire the first member of my new account team! She is a star.

November 2005:

  • I visit New York City for work for the first time -- though it's fun, I am a little let down due to way over-the-top expectations.
  • I visit Dallas for work for the first time -- though it's not terribly exciting, I actually have a spectacular time with my coworkers!
  • I have a fantastic 28th birthday and am ever-so-thrilled with where I've come thus far in life.

December 2005:

  • I hire two people in a row for a position someone has majorly fucked up and been fired over -- they both quit (one within ten hours, one after four days). I hire a third person who stays and works hard for the money.
  • I am charmed by my husband's spending more time teaching me on the bunny hill than boarding himself when we go to Tremblant (aw).
  • I spend the holidays in the sun but kind of can't wait for next year with my family.

And what are my resolutions?

  1. Start looking for a condo/loft of our own as soon as we get back home. I've already stalked down a real estate agent, we're meeting her mid-month as soon as we get all our ducks in a row.
  2. Learn to cook -- and seriously do it this time. Not just for a few weeks, like forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ponchos! Hahahhaha!

What were we thinking?!

Foxy Renard said...

Dude, I do not know. But we loved them like nobody's business! I still have the black and pink ones in my closet. I don't really know what to do with them, feel guilty tossing them after so few wears. Maybe they'll come back in style in 20 years? Har.